Can you send me a case to cite in ohio where Ohio civil rule…

Customer Question
can you send me a...
can you send me a case to cite in ohio where Ohio civil rule 12 A 1 was enforced
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/27/2018
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

Thank you for requesting me.

I'm unfortunately not able to do case law research, but I'll opt out and see if another expert can help. Good luck.

ok
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Michael Bradley

what is your fact pattern?

defendant failed to answer or defend plaintiffs complaint in the 28 day timeframe

have they answered at this point though and has it been filed?

No they have not. yes it has been filed.

so no answer has been filed at this point?

Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

The precedent case for enforcement of Ohio Civ. R. 12(a)(1) is: Miller v. Lint,***** 2d 209, 214, 404 N.E.2d 752 (1980) ("[F]ailure of the defendant to comply, even substantially, with the procedures outlined in the Civil Rules subjected her to the motion for a default judgment, and the plaintiffs, having complied with the Civil Rules, had a right to have their motion heard and decided before the cause proceeded to trial on its merits.")

Hope this helps, and thanks for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!