I want to know how much time can pass before someone is

Customer Question
I want to know...

I want to know how much time can pass before someone is prosecuted for basically pimping a child out for money

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just confronted my mother about her selling me to a 40 year old man when I was between 13-15 years old. She was paid money by this man so that he could have sex with me and it went on for over a year

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 29 days ago
Michael Bradley

how long ago did this happen?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
30 years ago and I just started to remember it and I asked her about it because I was having nightmares and she told me to get over it because it was so long ago. And she said so what I don’t care anymore about it and leave her alone

Even though it has been such a long time since the incidents occurred, Indiana has recently changed the law regarding statutory rape which used to have a five year statute of limitations. You may be able to now bring charges against this person even though it has been as long as it has. What I would suggest that you do would be to contact the police and tried to put in a police report regarding the allegations see if the police would be willing to attend prosecution of this case. While there is no guarantee that they will, they should at least listen to our story and if possible, prosecute.

Tina, Lawyer