In short — Im a dog trainer and another party has possession…

In short — Im...

In short — Im a dog trainer and another party has possession of my dog who is worth a minimum of $8k — we had a verbal agreement regarding him which she has been non compliant with— I need to get him back and she’s not responding

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

She is in MD I’m now in West VA

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I’ve asked in writing for my dog back

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I can copy & paste a draft of the demand letter Inwrote — hold on it may provide some clarity

3/28/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Could you explain a little more?

How did this person get possession of your dog?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Write Legal Documents. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Below is a draft of a demand letter that may clarify:To Whom It May Concern:I, Lisamarie Warne, registered owner of Ridge Views Harlequin, one male yellow Labrador Retriever DOB: March 6, 2016, made a verbal agreement in good faith, that after one Krys Rackley provided a written agreement, that I would likely agree that Harlequin could be placed within a family on a trial basis, to determine his eligibility for Service Dog work. No written agreement was provided by Krys Rackley. Krys Rackley informed Lisamarie Warne via text message that Harlequin had been placed within a family with a child with Type 1 Diabetes to replace another dog that Krys Rackley had placed with said family. Again no written agreement or terms and conditions were ever provided by Krys Rackley nor was any written agreement granting this permission signed by Lisamarie Warne for the placement of Lisamarie Warne’s dog. The demand is that Krys Rackley return Harlequin, one male yellow labrador retriever, 2018 to the care of Lisamarie Warne by March 31, 2018. This is an official demand that Lisamarie Warne’s property be returned.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
this is my last communication with her via email;In the interest of protecting myself and the welfare of my dog I need all communications in writing. If you have questions or comments please submit them as such. As stated, I simply want my dog returned to me in good physical and mental health. We had a verbal agreement that you would provide written terms, costs and conditions of mentorship, and his placement with your client were contingent upon agreeing to those terms. Despite repeated requests on my part those terms and conditions were never submitted to me by you or any representative of you. I received verbal notice on Thursday March 22, 2018, 30 days after entrusting him to your care based upon the aforementioned verbal agreement, that the cost to me for your mentorship would be in the amount of $15,000. Upon further inquiry on my part to asses the value, check references and review terms in writing of said mentorship, my requests were not granted and questions not answered. It was also brought to my attention that you had “unfriended” me on the social media platform FaceBook, which in the past has been a vehicle of communication between us. You can rest assured I will not discuss this matter or any other dealings between myself, you and American K9 now or in the future, provided Harlequin is returned swiftly and safely into my care, no later than Saturday, March 31, 2018.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I had expressed interest in learning canine scent detection and service dog work from Krys Rackley— she had agreed to “mentor” me and I had requested terms & conditions in writing— and also made the mistake of entrusting her with my dog
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
My dog is with a family that are Krys’ clients — she placed him there because a previous dog she had placed with this family failed

Thank you for the information.

Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I am working with multiple customers on the site and I respond to posts in order that they are received. If you have not heard from me it does not mean that I have ignored your post. It just means that I am currently working with another customer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
The attached photo is a screen shot of the woman’s FB profile that Krys Rackley placed my dog with — other than that I have no information about the actual whereabouts of my dog

Kindly note that I cannot review attachments under this thread. If you need document review, you have to request for it through the site's premium service. Any Attorney who is interested would get back to you. I do not participate in the program.

Thank you for your understanding.

I will now finish the rest of my response and get back to you.

Since the person is not responding to your demand, unfortunately, you would have to file lawsuit against her. If she came to West VA to pick up the dog, you can file the lawsuit at your local Courthouse because she has submitted herself to West VA Courts jurisdiction by coming to West VA and picking up the dog. Otherwise, you would have to file the lawsuit at the Courthouse in the County where she resides in Maryland. You can obtain complaint forms online if the Courthouse makes forms available online. Otherwise, you can contact the Clerk's office and request for the complaint package.

Goodluck with your case,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law