Are there any legal aid help for single mothers in Lincoln…

Customer Question
Are there any legal...

Are there any legal aid help for single mothers in Lincoln NE?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a NE lawyer about this?

Yes, but my granddaughter who lives in Lincoln does not have the money to hire an attorney

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your granddaughter taken? Has she filed any papers in NE family court?

Not yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has she talked to a lawyer about this yet?

Yes, but she doesn't have the money to hire one. We are asking it there are any lawyers who will do Pro bono in Lincoln?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am in Florida however my granddaughter, ***** *****ves in Lincoln/ Can you please call her at(###) ###-#### Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
3/27/2018
Lawyer: Sean K, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Sean K
Sean K, Lawyer

Hi, I’m Sean and I will be assisting you as an expert today. I’m an attorney with more than 20 years of experience. It is my goal to provide a solid overview of your situation. Whether the analysis is good or bad as to your matter, I want to make sure you understand any points you need and that you have options to better address the questions you have. If I am able, I will also provide you with some resources. Please note that the system, independent from me, may offer a phone call. You are not obligated to engage in a phone call, but I am happy to speak if you desire. This is completely up to you.

I saw there was a question as to pro bono legal services in Lincoln Nebraska. I have provided a link here to The Nebraska Low Income Legal Assistance Program - this program is designed for individuals such as your Granddaughter.

There is also a Nebraska Legal Aid that has an online portal for application and that can be found here.

Finally there is a resource pulled together by the State of Nebraska here with a number of legal aid and pro bono resources that I wanted to provide as well.

On this service, phone calls cost extra and we can only speak with the actual members. I am more than happy to talk to you, but there would be an extra charge and the real benefit for your granddaughter will be from the from the resources above. But do let me know if you have further questions.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation.

If you have any follow up questions it would be my pleasure to answer them. As experts we only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate us positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! There is no cost associated with you rating me and you can still ask follow up questions after rating me and I will respond.

One final point, there may be a delay between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but rest assured, if you ask, I will provide an answer. Thank you again.

I wanted to reach out and see if there was any additional follow up I could provide. 5 star ratings are always appreciated