I work for an appliance and plumbing showroom. I would like…

Customer Question
I work for an...

I work for an appliance and plumbing showroom. I would like to bring in an espresso machine for resale. The manufacturer has let me know that there products have commercial certification but not retail/residential certification. Can I have my clients sign an indemnity waiver to get past this?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

CA

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing yet

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/28/2018
Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 3 months ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
I can wait.
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 3 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

Yes. Or rather, while you do not have to do this, it is a good idea. That way, no buyer can come back and claim fraud/misrepresentation against you for the item not having proper certification and the buyer not being able to use it and/or whatever else. Let me know if you need a sample of such an indemnity waiver.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.