Need to file discover and interogatories in a estate case.

Customer Question
Need to file discover...

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Fraudulent accounting by the executor, police records removing my sister (from my mom's ) while pressurising her to have her change the POA from me to my brother.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The executor, now my brother , took over without his attorney sending the judges decision or a hearing to me or my attorney. Transfer of the moneys from the executor account owned by me were found out only when I started bouncing checks

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/27/2018
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Sample requests for production

http://freedom-school.com/9842/defendant-request-for-production-to-plaintiff.pdf

You will have to modify them.

Interrogatories

http://documents.jdsupra.com/24542258-da50-4417-b8d1-be0e0450ac5c.pdf

These will give you sample forms.You send these directly to executor and don't file with court unless they don't respond and then its a motion to compel here.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

These cases are not specific enough to reap much from them. can we talk which is an option given?

Ask any followup you have.Sorry there are premade interrogatories and document requests but you can see the format, change your questions or ask for documents you need.You may have to consider a lawyer here and if you uncover wrongdoing you need to sue the executor personally.

This has been moved to the district court and this is about a "final accounting, but there is so much more to this do I have to open another case to sue, or can I file complaints with the court in this venue.

If it was moved to District Court it will be heard there, not much you can do about that.

It was moved to district court at my request. If there is a contested matter in county, then it is an automatic that it be move to district. This is a small town deal and my brothers attorney is a good ole boy and I am sure has the county judge in his pocket. I should have a good hearing at district. So I want to assert misuse use of estate funds to bring a guardianship hearing just 3 months before my mother died. A waste of 60K for absolutely purpose but to consolidate power/control in my brothers hands. The force signing of the POA to my brother I believe was a necessary requirement for brother to bring the guardianship petition. and with the faulty accounting, they were betting on the fact I wouldn't fight it.

So you may be better off in District Court.File your discovery here see what you find out .Thanks

The hearing is in District Court in Deaf Smith County on April 30th. I need to get answers to some questions but do they have to be in the form of interrogatories. Are responses allowed out 30 days from filing? I also need document production. Can I file a request for documents with service in 10 days or so? But Can I ask questions other than an interrogatory, a deposition, or a direct inquiry in Court? Also. what is the process to subpoena material from my previous lawyer, if she will not provide otherwise.

You would send them now if you don't get them back in time file motion for continuance of the trial.You cal also subpoena the records to court here .Send them a subpoena duces tecum.You get that from court clerk and pay for service to have to severed.

Sample your district clerk will have these for your court.

https://www.lawyerratingz.com/contact.jsp