I was left with a small claims citation from a roofing

Customer Question
I was left with...

I was left with a small claims citation from a roofing contractor for the full amount of the balance but he has only completed the roof and not the complete job. The mortgage company has the money.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I don't know what to do and I am not working and March 6 had to fill bankruptcy to save my house. Also he has put a lien on my house too.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It was left on my door on March 15th

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Legal
3/27/2018
Lawyer: DanLegal, Lawyer replied 24 days ago
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - the mortgage company has what money?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I filed a claim with my insurance State Farm and they sent me the claims check for me and my mortgage Select Portfolio Servicing. They have the claims fund which they had sent me the complete amount of the check but Roofing contractor wanted to get the check and not complete the work. I sent check back to mortgage company. Inspector came out and work completed at 80%. Roofing co. needs to get from mortgage co. that has money
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I'm not working my company closed on Feb. 9th
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Also on March 6th filed bankruptcy to be able to keep my home. And had added him on it because he filed a lien on my home.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I am to file out my answer to the court
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I do not have any additional money to phone call, sorry.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
no help or assistance in this matter
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Attorney Dan are you still there or no answers for me regarding my defendant citation answer to the court.

Did you discuss the roofing company contact the mortgage company directly?

Tina, Lawyer