I have question. I have an iphone 6s. 11. What are you

Customer Question
Are you there? i...

Are you there? i have question

Lawyer's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone?

I have an iphone 6s

Lawyer's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

11

Lawyer's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

What are you asking me about? i haven't told you anything yet i'm confused

Lawyer's Assistant: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope please connect me

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/27/2018
Lawyer: Mac_Druid,
 replied 2 months ago
Mac_Druid

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

Lawyer: Mac_Druid,
 replied 2 months ago

What is your question today? :-)

i wanted to know with a court subpoena can a car insurance company get access to the content of text messages from verizon sent 10days ago?
Lawyer: Mac_Druid,
 replied 2 months ago

This is a legal question rather than a technical one.

I am an Apple Expert and so will opt out so an expert better suited can handle this question. When one becomes available, they will contact you.

Please do not reply back until you hear from them as it may delay the transition.

Thanks and good luck!

Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

A car insurance company can subpoena the records of a third party - but that third party can challenge the subpoena in court. By no means would it be a slam dunk simply b/c a subpoena has been issued that a party will get access to the records it seeks. This is an article to review and specifically discusses challenging/resisting a subpoena: https://www.weil.com/~/media/files/pdfs/subpoenas-responding-to-a-subpoena.pdf Please let me know if that answers your question. If you don't need any additional information, if you wouldn't mind could you please take a moment to submit a rating. It DOES NOT cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively. 5 STARS is always appreciated! You can still ask follow up questions after rating - and of course please ask if you need clarification to anything I've written. There may be some lag in my response time if you follow up with additional questions. It just means I'm working with someone else but I will ALWAYS come back an answer your questions when I'm done.

please what is you contact number?

Are you asking for my phone number? If you'd like a phone call there should be a call request button on your end. That would be how you would get in touch with us :)

when you say a 3rd party can challenge does that mean me the user of phone service? would the cell phone provider contact their customer in the event of a subpoena before they hand over phone records? also are texts just time stamped or detailed content?

The third part would be the company receiving the subpoena. They aren't a party to the lawsuit so they're a third party. The cell phone provider does not have an obligation to contact the customer before turning over the information. I wouldn't be able to tell you what data each carrier keeps and/or provides during litigation. I hope that answers your question. As much as I wish it was otherwise, sometimes I have to give information that isn't "good news." I hope you don't take it out on me! If it were up to me, I'd only give people good news! If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It DOES NOT cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively. 5 STARS is always appreciated! You can still ask follow up questions after rating - and of course please ask if you need clarification to anything I've written.