Is the imf grant a legal program. I live in PA and it is…

Is the imf grant...

Is the imf grant a legal program

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I live in PA and it is supposed to be from the federal government

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Just shared basic info. To receive the $150,000 they request a $2,000 payment for delivering the money. Also an Apple computer is also sent. I don’t think this is legitimate because money needs to be received by them before any funds are sent.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have a family member who did receive the money and a laptop computer. I have not ascertained how he sent the money and e

3/27/2018
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The number I texted to 1(###) ###-####

No, it's not.

The IMF is the International Monetary Fund. They are an intergovernmental organization that deals with matters of international economics. They do not deal at all with private individuals but with member countries. They give no grants nor any awards to private individuals. They warn about this sort of thing here:

https://www.imf.org/external/scams.htm

Your family member never received anything at all. You were contacted by an impostor who hacked his or her Facebook account and then set up a clone profile that looks exatly like your family member's. Then the scammer sends a message to all of that person's friends, basically saying "I got my grant. Here's how you can get yours."

People believe it because they think the message is really coming from someone they know and trust. But you need to contact your family member in some way other than Facebook and let him or her know his account has been hacked. Your real relative won't know anything about the so-called grant unless some other person told him about the hacker before you.

Here's a warning about this scam that CBS news ran over the summer:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/facebook-scams-when-your-friends-are-actually-hackers/

Nobody just hands out grants at random. Grants are desirable because they are 100% free money. YOu have to apply and compete for any real grant, but you'd never have to pay one dime tor receive it.

Report this to the FBI at www.IC3.gov and send no money!!

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney