I have problems with my neighbors and I would like to know…

Customer Question
Hi I have problems...

Hi I have problems with my neighbors and I would like to know what I can legally do to put a stop to it they keep throwing g trash to my house and it turned fisical last month,it is a couple and he is an alcoholic.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I haven't been able to do anything cause I don't have a car,they keep calling the police over everything

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that would be it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/27/2018
Lawyer: DanLegal, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - do you have pictures of garbage? Were the police called when it turned physical?

No one ever called the police and they keep harrasing,I threw the trash away because it was olot,I suffer from panic attacks and PTSD and have no medication because their expensive and a don't have a medic plan please I need help it's affecting my health already.
I'm sorry I don't have a connected phone until Monday.

I am very sorry to hear about this situation - You have two options, but they go hand in hand. The first thing I would recommend doing is documenting everything that has happened and get an order of protection against your neighbors which would prohibit them from having any violent or harassing contact with you and not allow them to throw garbage or mess with you in any way. And if they do, there will be a criminal charge. The second option would be to file a nuisance claim in civil court against them for everything that has been going on. Again, you can present all the instances of negative activity against you.

For the order of protection - there will be people to assist you at the court house, but I would recommend hiring a civil attorney for the nuisance claim. Also, in the future you need to document/call the police any time there is an issue

Thank you very much I will do that.

can you please rate my answer with 5 stars