Are used to have a roommate can’t hold me a lot of money I…

Are used to have a...
Are used to have a roommate can’t hold me a lot of money I got him to sign a document saying that he will pay me back $4000 by April 15, 2016 if he didn’t there would be 10% interest incurred monthly. From this person I also have another letter stating that he would pay me $1000 a month rent for the next five years. How would I go about holding him to these letters or do I even have a foot to stand on? We live together for three years and he left me while I had just got out of the hospital for having me stroke and heart attack and he move back to Chicago. All I have is his phone number and I don’t know how to find him to enforce this. Please help!
3/28/2018
Lori
Lori, Attorney

Hello. Let me see if I can assist. You have enforceable agreement to bring a lawsuit for breach. You usually have about 4 years to bring suit for breach. You will need to sue him. However, you will need to find his address online or otherwise because you will need to serve him with the lawsuit.

You may need to hire a private investigator to find his address so you can sue.

Have I answered all your questions?
If so, please be sure to accept my response and post a positive 5-star rating.

Lori
Lori, Attorney
thank you