I'm needing two letters drafted for me and sent out. One to…

Customer Question
I'm needing two letters...

I'm needing two letters drafted for me and sent out. One to a school requesting all material regarding my son's suspension and another letter to dispute the suspension to the school board

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Kentucky

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you spoken to a local attorney or school administrator? What is your ideal outcome for this situation?

I have contacted some in the area and have been provided with a conflict of issue statement. The school administrator states to talk to the school board. My ideal outcome is an apology to my son due to false allegations, work excused due to the suspended days, and hope that they won't mistreat my son

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The proper suspension procedure was not followed. After contacting the board we were informed that we were to speak with the principal prior to suspension and that did not occur. And the school changed their story twice.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/27/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 month ago

thank you for your question.

I am afraid that writing letters for customers is deemed to be representation and that is forbidden by state law. If you need legal representation to write letters, you must engage a local attorney and you can find a local education law attorney or general civil litigation attorney at the same site used by other attorneys http://www.hg.org

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That's the issue. I am trying to find someone locally but getting the response of conflict of interest. I came on here to gain assistance in finding one that can and will help me.

Thank you for your reply.

You can get someone in the nearest large city to where you are at the website I provided to you above

Tina, Lawyer