I got an email from Google last week:" Google received and…

I got an email from...
I got an email from Google last week:
"
Google received and responded to legal process issued by USAO compelling the release of information related to your Google account. A court order previously prohibited Google from notifying you of the legal process. We are now permitted to disclose the receipt of the legal process to you."Does that mean the investigation is ongoing? Any idea how long it takes before Google notify its user about the request? Please assist.Thanks
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/27/2018
Attorney Wendy

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. From time to time the USAO (US Attorneys Offices) may seek subpoenas or search warrants to collect information from third party servers wherein they seek to have the request sealed, it may have been a letter request, or they may apply through the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court if the investigation relates to foreign intelligence. When you are notified depends on when or if the issuing court lifts any prohibition on Google from informing its customers of the request for information. It could be that the investigation is ongoing or it could be that it is concluded. It could also mean that you were a target of the investigation or it may not mean that at all; it may just be that user information was more broadly requested. There is really no way to be sure until or unless you receive any information that you are the target or a person of interest in an investigation. If it is merely that you and many other users' information may have been part of a broad request for information, that may be the end of it. If you are interested, you may try contacting Google to see if they will actually provide you with a copy of the request for information.

I hope this information helps. If you need further assistance, please reply to this email. If I answered your question and provided excellent service, I would greatly appreciate your 5 star rating at this time.

Please note: This information is for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No course of action is being proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege has been formed as a result of this conversation.

Attorney Wendy