I am disabled with TBI & when staying at hotel and wanted to…

Customer Question
I am disabled with...

I am disabled with TBI & when staying at hotel and wanted to reserve a specific room for future reservation and was told by manager and public relations department that this can not happen. Is it true hotel establishment can deny a hold for future reservation of a specific room number if available if it is medical/disability reasons.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

It is for Holiday Inn Langhorne PA.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I am receiving written documentation of it. I do not feel they are being fair. I feel it is not right I can not reserve a room number that I want, due to my disability I feel more comfortable in room I have stayed in previously.

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Legal
3/28/2018
Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 23 days ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I need answer. How much lingerie the wait?
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I had typo! How much longer is the wait for answer.
Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 23 days ago
Hello again,
We can not predict or guarantee response time, just because the volume of questions, number of Experts online, complexity of questions, and other factors vary.
If you would like to wait for a response, please let me know.
If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I will wait. Thank you
Lawyer: N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer replied 23 days ago
N.Brown ESQ
N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer

Hello would be happy to help you with your question. I am sorry that you have not received a response sooner. Please allow me a few moments to review your question.

While the American with Disabilities Act does provide some protections, and requires businesses to meet certain standards, those requirements generally have to do with the physical accommodations of the building/location (i.e. certain number of handicap parking spaces, ramps, etc.).

The Act does not require hotels reserve specific rooms to individuals for medical/disability reasons. If you are reserving the room with payment then I assume that would not be an issue, but if you are asking if they can hold a room for you until the time you are ready to purchase then that is not something that they are required to do in your situation.

I am sorry that you are having this difficulty. Please let me know if there is anything else you want to discuss. I would be happy to continue this conversation. If so just reply to this response. If you are satisfied with this response, please Accept the answer and provide a rating. Doing so costs you nothing extra. Experts are independent contractors and customer ratings are the only way we are compensated for the time reviewing and responding to questions as we are not employees of the site. You may also get a request for a telephone call, but that is from the site and not the experts. I hope your legal issue works out to your satisfaction.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you for responding. It is an issue. My credit card is on file and refuse to hold futurecroom forme and demand that I call only at noon the day desired to stay. According to John manager of Holuday Inn. What do I do the are discriminating when I need certain room for my disability. What do you suggest?????
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
They refuse to hold a future room number on specific date even with payment. Is that legal when needed for my disability??

They are not discriminating. If this was a situation where they provided this benefit to those without disabilities, and or are not providing it to you because of your disability, then that is discrimination. But it appears this is their uniform policy that applies to everyone. There is no law requiring them to hold a room (with or without payment) for someone with a disability. All they are required to do is provide you any room that is available that meets the standard accessibility needs of someone with a disability.

The ADA does require hotels to provide "reasonable accommodations that do not place undue burdens or costs on the business." But that generally refers to accessibility standards, and or convenience requests in the room (moving items, or furniture around).

You can file a complaint against the hotel with the U.S. Department of Justice via the website www.ADA.gov. The DOJ could bring legal action against the hotel on your behalf, offer a mediator to resolve your complaints or provide you with resources to aid you in resolving the complaint yourself.

Lawyer: N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer replied 19 days ago

If you are satisfied with my responses to your questions, please accept the answer, and provide a rating (5 stars would be appreciated). It cost you nothing additionally to do so. The experts who answer your questions are independent contractors, and customer ratings are the only way we are compensated for our responses. Thanks, ***** ***** hope everything works out to your satisfaction.

N.Brown ESQ
N.Brown ESQ
N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer