Does a trustee based in ill have to give copy of trust to…

Customer Question
Does a trustee based...

Does a trustee based in ill have to give copy of trust to the personal representative of a dedeased beneficiary upon request

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

In illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Copies of old drafts of the trust nothing up to date

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/27/2018
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

There is nothing in the Illinois Trust Act

here:

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs3.asp?ActID=2117&ChapterID=61

that requires a trustee to provide a copy to an heir.

However if an interested party motions the court to compel production the court may, upon motion, award the interested party attorney fees and costs incurred if they determine that the trustee should have released the document.

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.