If 6 people have to sign cessations papers, should all the…

If 6 people have...

If 6 people have to sign cessations papers, should all the paper work match, state the same thing before presenting to judge?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

The executive of the estate hired a lawyer, we were all sent papers, 2 didn't agree with the way it was written, so he re-wrote them but stated the other 4 already signed and the old papers and didn't need to sign the new one. They 2 that received the new papers isn't sure if they should sign if they are different from the other 4.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Believe that's it

3/28/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Response 1: Yes.

The executive of the estate hired a lawyer, we were all sent papers, 2 didn't agree with the way it was written, so he re-wrote them but stated the other 4 already signed and the old papers and didn't need to sign the new one.

Response 2: That is not correct. If the documents have been modified, ALL six people would have to agree and sign the modified papers.

They 2 that received the new papers isn't sure if they should sign if they are different from the other 4.

Response 3: They should not. ALL the papers MUST say the same thing.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law