IS the FL-190 filed with the court by either the petitioner…

IS the FL-190 filed with...
IS the FL-190 filed with the court by either the petitioner or the respondent or generated by the court and mailed out to the petitioner and respondent?
3/27/2018
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer

G​ood afternoon. I am a legal expert attorney who will assist you today.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The Plaintiff files the Fl-190. The plaintiff must give this form to the court, and should also provide 2 stamped 8½ x 11 envelopes -- one addressed to plaintiff and another to the defendant. Include the court's address as the return address on each envelope. Here is a link to the sample forms for you to follow.

http://slocourts.net/downloads/forms/family_law/samples/divorce_judgment/default_sample_2.pdf

After the form is approved, the divorce is final, then you will receive the 'Filed' endorsed copy of the form FL-190 "Notice of Entry of Judgment" from the Clerk's Office.

You can take a look at your file at the court website to make sure. I have attached the link for you. You will need to type in your case number ***** view the file. You will be able to see the titles of the documents filed, but not the documents themselves. Look for entry of Judgment in the file.

I hope this helps.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. We as attorneys are not employees of Just Answer and are not paid unless you rate the question. After you rate the question you can ask follow up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Ok, so the plaintiff is the petitioner, right? So would my wife as the petitioner have to take it to the court personally or could I drop it off if I were going to the courthouse? OR would they find that unconventional?

it can be filed by you on her behalf. Yes, she is the petitioner in the forms.

KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Ok, so the plaintiff is the petitioner, right? So would my wife as the petitioner have to take it to the court personally or could I drop it off if I were going to the courthouse? OR would they find that unconventional?Also, I am confused by the example you showed me. Are the boxes checked by the plaintiff prior to turning in the form to the court, or does the court do that?Then on FL-180, since you provided me the link, what has to be filled out on that form as well, as I was under the impression that an FL-160 was attached to that and BOTH the petitioner and respondent had to complete it and submit it to the court? And are the boxes checked pertain only to the example, or would my wife and I have to check different boxes or does thecourt check the boxes and we only fill in the top portion of the form?
KLAW
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer