I am looking for an attorney to help me with a legal name…

Customer Question
Hi, I am looking...

Hi, I am looking for an attorney to help me with a legal name change in California, Contra Costa County.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a CA lawyer about this?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm caught in a post-911 loop. I never legally changed my name after I got married in 1989, but added my married name on my driver's license so I could use both names (I use my maiden name professionally and my married name for my kids). My professional license is in my maiden name and the county refuses to contract with me because it doesn't match my driver's license, so I need to change my driver's license back to my maiden name only so it matches.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/27/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question.

I am afraid state law forbids anyone on this site from representing anyone from this site. If you need a local attorney, you can get one from the same sites used by other attorneys http://www.hg.org