When a trust is sued, does the estate plan lawyer handle it…

When a trust is...

When a trust is sued, does the estate plan lawyer handle it or is it necessary to hire a different lawyer to legally represent the trust?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

We have the last will and trust agreement.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment, thank you.

3/27/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Most times a trust lawyer is familiar with trust and estates law, but when a trust is sued for something the trust attorney will engage an attorney that specializes in litigation to handle the lawsuit. The trust attorney is versed in trust management, but to best protect the trust if the trust attorney is not a litigation attorney, then they will get a litigation specialist.

Only if the trust attorney is also a litigation attorney will they usually keep the case without hiring outside counsel.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thank you very much for your help. This answers my question.

Thank you for your reply.