I’ve messed up really bad. Illinois. None .. I just was on…

I’ve messed up really...

I’ve messed up really bad.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Illinois.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None .. I just was on my Snapchat and this kid had some medical weed I wanted to buy .. not that much but a little bit , and he sent me a picture saying the law enforcement has seized my package..

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No ma’am I think that’s it

3/27/2018
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Was this person also located in Illinois? In other words, was this package allegedly seized in Illinois?

What exactly was shown in the picture he sent you?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Alright the guy was from tescoma Washington. And I’m not honestly sure where it was seized st , but he sent me a picture on Snapchat the next day and on that is said “law enforcement has seized your package” and like.. I’m freaking out pretty bad

Did he have your name and address, or was the package being sent elsewhere?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Had my moms name on the package but the adress of the house I’m currently living in.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
The picture says seized by law enforcement it doesn’t let me know where ..
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
He also didn’t send me the tracking info so is there anyway I could just be getting set up..?

Yes, that is my inclination and is where I was heading with my line of questions for you.

There are several similar scams that are prevalent.

If the package was seized this person would also be very much at risk of criminal prosecution, even more so than yourself.

It's more likely that this is a scam, this person most likely took your money knowing this wasn't a sale that you could contact the police about, with no intention of ever mailing a packed, but just sending the photo that you've received.

It doesn't appear that you have anything to worry about in regards ***** ***** prosecution.

That being said, you should refrain from making similar purchases in the future.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I don’t know where to rate you but you have all 5 of my starts thank you so freaking much for that haha , if anything else does happen I will be contacting you. Have a wonderful day thank you

You're welcome, no problem!

The STARS should be at the top of your page, you just click on them directly.

Thanks!

Nisha Jones

If you have any more questions in the future and would like my help, please feel free to reach out to me here at JustAnswer by posting a new question, and adding "For Nisha" to the first part of your question. I'd be happy to help. Best of luck to you, take care!

Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones