I am being sued by a contractor. What do I need to do to…

I am being sued...

I am being sued by a contractor. What do I need to do to defend myself.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Contractor suing to place mechanics and material man lien on my home. I believe contract is invalid and lien is invalid. I never received a invoice, receipts or explanation of where the money went. Contractor conspired with iowa colony police officer and chief to get me to pay. There is more. Workmanship was shoddy and contractor refused to correct the work stating that it was a defect in product and not his responsibility.

3/27/2018
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Here are answer/counter claim forms

https://texaslawhelp.org/guided-form/civil-answer-and-information-sheet-guided-form

This puts all in dispute here.You can show by your testimony and pics about the work being shoddy other problems as well.

You can challenge the lack of receipts here ,etc as well.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

You may want to consider a lawyer here too

Contact us by phone:(###) ###-####(Toll Free), Monday - Friday, CST, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The call-in service is closed on legal holidays.

Ray, Lawyer