If I made less then the minimum income do I still have to…

Customer Question
If I made less...

If I made less then the minimum income do I still have to file?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None since my account told me last year I would not have to file since I quit work in 2015

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My income was 24,600 dollors

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/27/2018
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

A person who does not meet minimum income guidelines is not required to file a tax return. However, $24,600 is above the minimum filing limit for every filing status, so you would need to file a federal tax return. This document has a table where you can see how much a person can make before they're required to file.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p554.pdf

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please reply WITHOUT rating so I can clarify. My goal is to provide excellent service, so if I've done that, please give me a 5-star rating before signing out. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Do you have any questions about this?