I live in Glens Falls. I am calling you about an old friend…

Customer Question
I live in Glens...

I live in Glens Falls. I am calling you about an old friend of mine who was recently released from prison. The Glens Falls Post Star wrote an article smearing, and I think, slandering this man. They called him a menace to society, posted a picture, and recited past rumors as truth. This man is 68, has bone cancer, has done his time, and just wants a quiet life. He's actually afraid, because of this article, to walk down the street. He's afraid someone will start something, and he cannot defend himself, or he will be back in prison. I need to know if what the Post Star had done is legal.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New York

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I attempted to contact a Glens Falls person for NAACP, and number was not in service.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/27/2018
Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 3 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

Did the newspaper have this on its opinion page by chance? Also, does the article state alleged facts as true but the alleged facts are not true.

If you are requesting a phone call, you can do so on your page. If you do not know how to request one through Just Answer if you cannot find the button on your page, Customer Service can help you.

Please call me! I've been round and round with giving info on this site!
I have had No answer , after all this rigamarole!
24hrs.? The site said answer right away!
Lawyer: tony-cssm,
 replied 3 months ago
tony-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.com/law/b4gez-trying-speak-lawyer-answering-questions.html?rpt=1350.
http://www.justanswer.com/law/b4gac-live-glens-falls-calling-old-friend.html
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.

I provided you with the premium service offer to speak on the phone. When you accept it, we can arrange a time to speak.