I used to be an Amazon customer, for some reason (never get…

Customer Question
I used to be...

I used to be an Amazon customer, for some reason (never get one) they cancel my membership, and now I'm not able to buy anymore. but i have some stuff that I need to return, and since they cancel my membership I can't do it, i keep calling them for almost a month, but get no resolution

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

FL, no, no one is helping me right noe

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Just call customer service,

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/27/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Even though you may have had your membership cancelled, if you purchased anything under your previous membership that was eligible for return, they cannot refuse to accept the return. What are they telling you when you speak to Customer Service?

They said this :
" Your account is on hold, we can't do anything from here, I need to fill up a form and send to an Account Specialist and they will contact you within 24 hrs., by phone or email". but that never happened and it is already a month since I start dealing with it. Part is not cheap is almost $400.
All this start when I ask them to open my seller account after I asked them, they just cancel all my access to amazon plataform

Thank you for your reply.

You need to write them first and inform them that the returns qualify for return under their contractual guaranty and as such their failure to honor that guaranty is a breach of contract. Then you need to follow up with a call and insist on speaking to a supervisor and explain that the fact that they have cancelled your account and the fact you have a return are two separate issues and you still have a right to return and their denial would be grounds for you to file a suit against them in small claims court and a complaint to the Attorney General about their refusal to honor their warranty in accordance with the Manguson Moss Warranty Act.

If they continue to refuse, you would have no choice but to sue them I am afraid.

thank you

Thank you for your reply.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.