I am a resident can I own a gun in the same home as a felon…

I am a Virginia...

I am a Virginia resident can I own a gun in the same home as a felon legally

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you convicted of exactly? Have all your appeals been exhausted?

I am not a felon my husband is he was charged in California 1987 drugs and shot two police has been off parole over 15 yrs

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a VA lawyer about this yet?

Trying may be a week or two due to his schedule before I hear from him

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes we live in same house but have separate bedrooms and work opposite hours he works days and I work nights

3/27/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Legally you have the right under the 2nd Amendment to own a gun. However, the felon cannot have ACCESS to the gun. This means that you would need to keep it somewhere secured with a biometric lock that they cannot access. A key lock whereby there is a potential for them to get the key and access would not suffice, you would need a security device that would completely prevent them from having access to the gun. If you do so, you do have a right to own the gun and have it in your home.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

he would be safe from arrested
Phone call session started

Thank you for your reply.