I am concerned I am in the process of being scammed on a…

I am concerned I...

I am concerned I am in the process of being scammed on a personal unsecured loan and I don't know what to do about it.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ok, I live in NY. The company that is providing the loan via investors is in GA, the company that is servicing the loan or has gotten the loan is in TX and then there is a legal company doing the "paperwork" in CA.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Well its a long story but end of Jan or early Feb I was contacted about a personal loan which I had been looking for to consolidate credit debt. A loan was approved for $100K. After we set up the terms, 3% 12 year payoff I was told I needed to send $512 to Dolphin Solutions in CA for atty fees. Cashiers check. I sent it and provided them a pic of the check and postal cost [they said would be reimbursed. Then after that i had to send, same way, $2500 for closing fees it was also disclosed in the letters they emailed me [I have one for each payment that seem to be notarized] there was a 9.33% TX tax on the loan. Next was $5k for security Authorization, then $5233 for escrow charges, then $5738 for Insurance, then the tax $10,5517.98, then $5738 for disbursement. Now they are looking for $5476 to release the funds from escrow and send me a certified bank check with the $100K plus reimbursement for all of my payments. in this process I was 3x going to have the money wired to my checking account.The first time i didn't pay the escrow, then the taxes then finally they went to transfer the money and i was told they tried 3x and couldn't make the transfer. They told me they could instead arran ge to send me a check as I mentioned before but I had to pay $5738 for check transfer charges.As of right now I have not made the last payment. I'm stringing them along saying [partially true] I don't have anymore money to send them.I have done a search on Dolphin Solutions and there are 3-4 reviews claiming they are a scam with Skyfin. There aren't any positive reviews but 3-4 isn't a big deal either. Additionally the loan officer I am dealing with calls me to see how its going and update me on my file. he returns calls to me when i call him first, he calls me on his own. When I reach Skyfin someone answers the phone and either transfers me to him or has him call me back in a timely way. I want thew loan - A, my money back - B or ????? do I have an option? i'm totally lost except that I am keeping contact with the guy.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thats pretty much it in a nutshell. i'm sure he could question me and find out something else but thats pretty much the story.

3/27/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What you are describing is called an "advance fee scam" and it is illegal. If you are getting a loan, you do not pay up front for the loan. Legitimate companies take the fees from the loan. At this point, there is no $100K in any account and they will not be reimbursing you with anything. They are a scam company and they are just taking money from you.

You need to report them to the Attorney General in CA and also to the Texas Attorney General and GA attorney General, because they are doing nothing but taking money from you and you will not be receiving money. You would also be able to sue the GA company for theft by fraud and fraud and unfair and deceptive business practices to seek damages you have incurred.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

OK. Should I retain an attorney or can i do this on my own? If I should get an attorney can you direct me? I live in Melville on LI.

Thank you for your reply.

You must retain an attorney and I would retain one in GA, since that is where the principle company you dealt with is located.

OK

Thank you for your reply.