An elderly person is taken and changes his beneifciary at a…

Customer Question
An elderly person is...

An elderly person is taken and changes his beneifciary at a bank by a third party and the bank reports to DSS they feel the person was coaxed by the new benficiary to make the changes.Dss opens the investigation but the elderloy pwerson passes away before it is completed what happens.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NC

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

NOne

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/27/2018
Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer

Good morning. I am a legal expert attorney who will assist you this morning.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

If there is an open case of fraud with North Carolina DHHS- The Division of Aging and Adult Services and the elderly person dies prior to the completion of the investigation, the DHHS can pass the case to the district attorney if they believe that they have enough grounds for a charge of fraud.

However, I most cases, the DHHS will not pursue a case if the person dies and they have not charged already. The case then may become a civil matter to be pursued by the estate of the deceased.

I hope this helps.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. We as attorneys are not employees of Just Answer and are not paid unless you rate the question. After you rate the question you can ask follow up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions.

If you have any other questions, please just ask.