Received a call from, 913-428-9334 saying he is from

Received a call from...

Received a call from ***** *****,(###) ###-####saying he is from publishers clearing house and that I had won. Is this a scam? Thanks for your help Annette

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Vermont

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

He just listed what I had won, did now ask for my social security number. I'm suppose to call him at 8:00 this morning.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of - thanks

3/27/2018
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I am sorry to say but this is a scam. Do not give him or anyone any information or money. They should NOT be asking for your social security number or for you to send money to claim your prize or pay any fees. If you provide it and give it to them, they will steal your money and your ID, so do not be fooled. Ignore them and if they keep calling you, turn this person's information over to the police and allow them to investigate and try and set up a sting operation, to catch this criminal.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Very quick response and saved me a lot of time. Just wish they would be caught so no one else will get the scam call.
Thank you for being very professional and your prompt serviceAnnette