For how a summons valid in order to make a change of county?

For how long a summons...
For how long a summons valid in order to make a change of county? Can it be still done after 3 months of service or need a new one in defendant county? Which one is proper ?
3/27/2018
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

What state is this in? Did the defendant ever respond to the Summons?

NC
def responded in motion to dismiss

Thank you.

Was the Motion to Dismiss based on it being in the wrong county? What did the judge say?

the wrong county never responded to the motion

That's odd. Has anything else happened in the case?

Once the parties appear in a case, there wouldn't be any reason for new service before filing a Motion. You should be OK to go ahead and file a Motion for Change of Venue. But if it's possible that the judge might still dismiss the case outright, you might not want to do that.

The plaintiff filed change of venue after defendant motion while waiting for answer

There's no need for a plaintiff to file a change of venue and wait. The plaintiff can move a case at will by filing a Motion to Dismiss without Prejudice, then filing a new Complaint in the correct county.

Once that new Complaint is filed, then a new summons would be issued to notify the defendant.

Lucy, Esq., Attorney
This is where my problem lies. There is no new complaint filed by the plaintiff. He did a change of venue at my disadvantage in order to proceed.

It's really not at your disadvantage, though, because case shouldn't proceed until the judge rules on both those motions. You can file a Motion for Ruling, pointing out to the judge that both of these things are still outstanding.

And you may want to call the clerk of the court, just in case the judge did rule but your notice got lost in the mail.

Ok. I can post after on your link.

What link?

Here

Ah, OK. Thank you.

If defendant missed a deadline to appeal a motion in a civil case ( 30 days deadline ) Can the motion be reconsidered for new discoveries. In this case what will such Motion title be?

When new evidence is discovered, it is possible to file a Motion for Reconsideration, asking the judge to take another look.

Is it still under rule 60?
Do I need to attach the discoveries with the filing?

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to ask you to open a new question page. Motions to Reconsider aren't considered related to the original question about changing venue. I went ahead and answered your last question because it seemed quick, but I've been online for the past 14 hours, and I really need to sign off for the evening. Any available expert can discuss your options.

Thanks for your help.