I'm still involved with a suit my brother is trying to get…

Customer Question
Hello I'm still involved with...
Hello I'm still involved with a suit my brother is trying to get equity of my house.We're on calender for may for trial. He requested an appraisal and statements from mortgage. My lawyer cooperated we did appraisal it wasn't as high as they hoped but it was higher than mine.In February I gave them November -december statement. They just replied I'm playing games that they want the most recent statement. I explain to my lawyer I gave the year end what the difference from a month or 2. I just got the March and sent them over.Why would it make a difference and there not asking for bills or taxes etc. And they didn't show up for the deposition my lawyer requested saying they didn't get statement.
Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Legal
3/27/2018
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 27 days ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
I am sorry to hear this. What is your question please?
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Why would it make a difference and there not asking for bills or taxes etc. And they didn't show up for the deposition my lawyer requested saying they didn't get statement. Aren't they liable to do the deposition. What would be reason to do what there doing
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 26 days ago
Every attorney has a different strategy. Usually an attorney will use the discovery process to obtain documents they do not have in their possession so ot is possible they already have the tax information.If a party is served notice of a deposit and fails to show the other party can file a motion for sanctions which may include attorney fees as well as a direct order to comply with discovery.
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 25 days ago

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer