My widowed parent died without a will. He only has real

Customer Question
My widowed parent died...

My widowed parent died without a will. He only has real estate valued $200,000. There are 2 other siblings as heirs, 3 total with me. However one is not on board with signing paperwork to select an executor to administer the estate. My question is are there other ways to work around her since it is been 2 months no progress and my father's house needs to be put up for sale to avoid the reverse mortgage taking. My son would like to buy the house for what is owed. Is this allowed without the administrator paperwork done.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

What do you mean? I went to the Georgia Probate and I completed the request to become the personal administrator since I had handled all of my father's affairs. I am listed on his reverse mortgage documents so I have been in contact with them to keep them from foreclosure on property. Now they know my intent they have given another 30 days to see if we have an executor in place. I sent document for my sister to sign, I have other heirs paperwork agreeing to make me the personal administrator so that I can get a listing agreement in place. I do not know what to do since she has not cooperated. She is being difficult and wants to take me to civil court for some silly fake stuff. Is there any way to get the house sold or list, without her agreeing to appoint me as administrator.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can you do a quick sale of home to satisfy reverse mortgage without having an administrators or heirs sign off to appoint one..

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/27/2018
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Have you petitioned the court for appointment?
not sure what you mean? I have completed to petition court for administrator but needed to get my heirs to sign a notarized form but one heir will not
Ive already paid out a lot for very little help. If I can not get some general guidelines, I am trying to reach someone from probate court to see if I can get some answers to move forward on this estate

Thank you; if the heirs will not sign the acknowledgment (http://gaprobate.gov/sites/default/files/probate/fillable_pdf_forms/july_2017/Form%205%20Final%202017%20-%206-30-17.pdf)

then the petitioning party may serve the papers using a process server for example.

O.C.G.A. §53-5-22(c) provides that service of notice, when made personally or by mail, shall include a copy of the petition and of the will for which probate is sought. The same is true when service is acknowledged.

Then the court may proceed with the probate process because the heir has been put "on notice".

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.