Our city council and city manager have always allowed

Our city council and...

Our city council and city manager have always allowed churches to park on the streets on Sunday as a courtesy, even though the signs say No Parking. Knowing most churches have not enough parking they allow this as long as safety is not an issue, fire hydrants, parking too close to the corner etc. How ever some police seem to ignore or miss that info and will ticket people, because they say they can't tell the police to "break" the law. and its the officer's option. So, it leaves the public in limbo. One Sunday you might get a ticket, the next time no. I think its a politic battle between the police heads and the city manager. But where does that lead the public?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New Jersey

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Yes I am challenging it. I have before and won because the judge knows this is an age old courtesy. My frustration is the officers in charge telling me that they try and remind them but they can't enforce it and the courtesy is at the officer's discretion. So we ticketed depending on which officer is on, even though the city council has said its a courtesy that is offered.

3/27/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Response: This is a "cop out" by the City Manager since the City is in charge of the Police. The City Manager can send notice to all Police Officers about this common courtesy. The public can continue to use the parking spaces on Sundays only and if ticketed would go to Court and challenge the ticket. Nonetheless, it would be prudent for the Pastors of the churches to meet with the City Manager and City Council to resolve this issue once and for all.

Best wishes,

A 5-star rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a 5-star rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law