I currently sub lease office space in a existing business. I…

Hi, I currently sub...

Hi, I currently sub lease office space in a existing business. I have nothing to do with that business and I have a completely seperate office. A court officer came into the building and seized the property of the other business in the building.. The court officer went into the building and knowing that I am a separate business took the money out of my office.. Is he allowed to do that?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Michigan, Im osrry I should have mentioned that

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

The owner of the the other business filed for Chapter 11 bankrupsy so they are giving him his belongings back however, the court officer says that he is entitled to his fees, which I understand is true.. but Is he allowed to take his fees from my business.. he went in after the bankrupsy was made and he was told to return the keys to us

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, he is claiming that he wants to charge for storage fees, but he didnt have to move or store anything he just changed the lcks and locked the other business and my business out

3/27/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
No basis to seize or charge you for assets that do not belong to a judgment debtor or the party who he has authority to enforce.
He sent the person the judgement against a letter of his charges. what do I have to say to the lawyer to show that he has no ight to go through my property
You are not the judgment debtor.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
is it possible you provide me with judiciary act to send him?
If is not statutory. He has produce a court order permitting him to pursue a non judgment debtor.
He is saying that its his statutory fees.. So since that is the case he is allowed to take it from my cash box?
As against the debtor perhaps, not you.
Ok great, thank you so much, Im sorry one Final question. Im going to forward pretty much what you explained to me. Is there any legal action I can take against him for going through my belongings
You can complain his supervisor and pursue grievance. A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!
Very welcome. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Thank you, ***** ***** so that
Is it possible to contact you any time I log onto this site or is just random, I would porefer to talk to you next time