How will i find out the charges aginst my neice in macon…

How will i find...

How will i find out the charges aginst my neice in macon jail in in lafayette, tn

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?

I am not charge it is my neice i need information on lawyer, charges, judge,

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a TN lawyer about this yet?

No i live in la. who can i talk to

3/27/2018
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. How long ago was she arrested? Do you know where the police station was where she was taken when arrested? Do you know the name/location of the court in which she has to appear?

arrested about 3 mos ago went to court about a mo ago she does not know sentence or full charges I am her aunt and her closest relative other than a man she lives with and he can't seem to get information. I need to know how to help her. her name is ***** ***** ladd she is at macon jail in lafayette tn

We can only provide general legal information and don't have access to criminal databases to find her court information.

However, if you know the court where she is to appear, you can give her name to the clerk and ask if he can tell you what the charges are and give you the name and phone number of her attorney. The charges are public record, and the attorney's name should be in the court computer and definitely will be in the court papers to which the clerk would have access.

if i hire an atty in lafayette, can they visit her an get information from her for me

If you hire her an attorney in Lafayette, yes, he can visit her and talk to her. He has to keep those conversations with her confidential. Even if you pay his salary what your niece tells him is protected by the attorney/client privilege and you will not be told anything that your niece doesn't want you to know or anything that would jeopardize her case.

thank you one last thing can you give me the DA'S name for that area

No, because there are likely many prosecutors in the office. The court clerk can give you the phone number of the prosecutor's office that serves the court and and you can call it and find out what assistant is assigned to prosecute the case against your niece.

I strive for 5-star service. If I have addressed all of your concerns, please take the time to rate my service to you by selecting 5 stars on the rating scale, as a rating of okay or better is the only way that JustAnswer will give us Experts credit for our work. You would still be able to post further follow-ups on this question thread about this for no additional cost, even after I've been rated.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney