I just signed my new car lease but i was told that it was…

I just signed my...

I just signed my new car lease but i was told that it was for 24 months but paper says its for 48 month ad i paid down payment but they put my down payment as cash on delivery what can i do in this situation

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have not took possession of the car yet

3/27/2018
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your contractual law question today. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with your request. If the contract mistakenly purports the agreement to be for 48 moths rather than 24 moths it can be voidable for mutual mistake.

You can contact the dealer and request a new contract be signed to reflect the deal that was completed and that represents your verbal agreement.

You need to contact the dealer as soon as possible to outline the mistake and request a new contract.

Please follow up with me as required.

I'm an independent attorney from justanswer.

I get a credit when you take the time to leave a positive rating before exiting today.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated in this regard.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
but can i back out of my lease if i have not taken the possession of the actual car yet?

Completely backing out of the lease is different from amending the term of the lease in relation to the duration.

You could argue that the entire agreement is void for mutual mistake but this is something for the court decide if you already signed the agreement.

If you have a copy of the lease agreement this is something I can review as an extra premium service, just let me know.

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer