Is there a charge associated with this service? How much is…

Hello, is there a...

Hello, is there a charge associated with this service?

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

How much is the rest?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Kentucky

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

None. I have an issue with a family member who claims I owe him $800. He has threatened to take me to court over it. I do not owe him anything but I’m willing to pay just to get him to leave my family alone. I just want to make sure there is a record that he agreed to accept it as a payment in full. In other words, he can’t say I still owe him at a later time.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Could you tell me the cost of the service?

3/27/2018
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

If you just want to settle the matter with the person, you can just write "paid in full" on the memo line or a check made payable to them and that would constitute an "accord and satisfaction" under KRS 355.3-311 Accord and satisfaction by use of instrument once the person cashed the check.

..

.

thanks

Okay, excellent. That was my plan but I just wanted to be sure whatever I did would hold up legally.

Yep, you would be fully in compliance with Kentucky law if you do what I said above and have the proof in the form of the cancelled check..

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Attorney
Great. Thank you very much!