I was in my house we were drunking we got in to it he said…

Customer Question
I was in my...

I was in my house we were drunking we got in to it he said he got cut but i did not go to jail why no

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

This happen sataday no charge they would have taken me to jail then wouldn't they

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Ohio

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I thougt anytime the police show up on something like this u go to jail and get a bound seat
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/27/2018
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 29 days ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Did the police see the injuries? How did they leave this when they came to see you? Did they tell you they would be turning the matter over to a prosecutor? Do you have any prior criminal convictions?

I was hoping to hear from you before I replied, but I can give you some reasons why you weren't arrested:

You don't need to be taken into physical custody to be charged with a crime. You can get a summons in the mail or be handed a citation. The police know where you live and know how to find you. So if you don't have any criminal history to speak of, the only reason to take you i would be to make sure that the alleged victim was safe. If he wasn't there, or if he was but his injuries were minor or non-existent, then they had no reason to worry about his safety.

The police may have to charge you, and if so they will once the prosecutor reviews the police report, but there's no requirement they take you into custody.

Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 28 days ago

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney