I got a notice that I successfully changed my apple

Customer Question
password, but it was accessed...
I got a notice that I successfully changed my apple password, but it was accessed without my permission, and my account will be locked within 24 hours. Is this legitimate?
Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Legal
3/27/2018
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 28 days ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. How did you get the notice? Did you change your apple password?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Changed my password ***** year. Got it via email.

It's not going to be legitimate. Have you tried to log in with your password?You can check that out but not via any link in the email. If it has been changed, you wouldn't be able to access it. Aslo, why would Apple wait 24 hours to lock it if they already know it was changed without your permission.

Typically when you change your passwork you get a notice informing you that it was changed and asking you to contact them if you didn't authorize that change. If you do nothing, neither does Apple.

Finally, I am betting that the email you received didn't come from Apple. They can make it look like it did when the send it, but not on the return end. So hit "reply" to the email. Don't send anything off to them, but look in the "To;" line to see the details of the email address that's really going to get the reply if you were to send it. Tell me what that is. Because if it's not end in apple.com to the far right of the @ sign, it's not legit.

You can delete the email once you know it's a fake. Hopefully, you didn't click on any links within this or you will need to get your computer debugged of malware.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney