Its civil rights and a teenager in high school. My son was…

Customer Question
Its civil rights and...

Its civil rights and a teenager in high school. My son was threatened in class by a black student. The teacher and Administrators all told him because he is white and has white privilege a complaint won't be filed. If my son is attacked the principle told him to run away.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Norwich, Connecticut. Son did record 3 conversations with teacher and principle.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you spoken to a local attorney or school administrator? What is your ideal outcome for this situation?

Been letting son handle it. He is the one living it. He has only spoke with teacher and principle and they shut him down and started their intimidation tactics. Stop them from continuing their discrimination against their white student population would be ideal but I live in the real world where people only understand losing money and staying out of the news. Their policy is putting people(teens) in danger. It needs to stop. If its happening here - where else?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. Thank you

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/26/2018
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 3 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

Did the people from the administration literally say "we cannot do anything because you're white" and allude to "white privilege?" Please be specific.