I have a lean on my property that has been pail off in

I have a lean...

I have a lean on my property that has been pail off in Florida in 1998. The company is no longer in business, How can I get this lean removed?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Just starting, the title company said they will accept a credit report with a zero credit balance from Firltplus financial . The transcation is so old it no longer appears

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a FL lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It was refinanced by the same company and IU have the settlement statement where they paid themselves off

3/26/2018
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Did the company go out of business or did it get bought out by some other company?

.

.

thanks

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
First Plus got bought by Countrywide who also went out of business

Ok, then if everyone is bankrupt or just stopped doing business, the only way to get the lien cleared is to file a "Quiet title" lawsuit against the original lender and any subsequent companies and then have the judge issue an order dissolving the lien when they don't respond to the lawsuit.. That clears the title and would result in the judge saying that the lien no longer exists..

.

The phone call offers are auto generated by the website, not me personally. I do not participate in the phone call program for the site and limit my interaction with customers only to the website because I like to have time to think about a customer’s question and research it so I can provide the best answer possible in writing.

.

However, if you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Attorney
Ely, Counselor at Law
Phone call session started
Barrister, Attorney