Can I sue for defamation of charcter, every time I go into a…

Customer Question
Can I sue for...

Can I sue for defamation of charcter, every time I go into a store, Every store

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Brentwood california

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

An incident happen in 1995 when I walked into a Walgreens store, I had a

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Legal
3/26/2018
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 26 days ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

That depends. All I have in regards ***** ***** matter is:

"can I sue for defamation of charcter, every time I go into a store, Every store"

"an incident happen in 1995 when I walked into a Walgreens store, I had a"

Please tell me a little more about what happened, and when. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I walked into a Walgreen store had my keys in my hand and the buzzer went off the manager accusted me of stealing which my keys made the buzzer go off, he then embarsse me in front of people, took a picture of me and sent it to various stores, when I go to any store, I catch the employees taking a snap shot of me, I'm 71 yrs old and a black person I have never stole in my hold life, but yet, going into stores, I'm followed around and while shopping and it's horrible to be accuse of something I didn't do. this has been going on since 1995, my character has been slandered. I wish it would stop I want those picture taking down it's very hurtful to shop, I try to ignore it, but its like a dark cloud over my head.

You mean every time you go into a store, you believe that the employees take a photo of you?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I not making this up, its true it happens at the supermarkets too, I'm retired for the VA, and I
have money top buy whatever I want. Its horrible to be accused of stealing,
Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 25 days ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

Yes, I think you do have a potential claim here. The only challenge I see is proving your monetary damages. You have to have sort of damages on top of the associated emotional distress damages. i.e. a lost job.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer