I filed a for a refund at Mercedez Dealer. Mercedez Benz did…

Customer Question
I filed a for...

I filed a for a refund at Mercedez Dealer.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Mercedez Benz did not refund the money. Which is the liable party and how to sue them in small claims. California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

We have been calling to see if Dealer have an answer. All they said is to eait for Mercedez Response. That did not happen yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Mercedez has a recall on the E500 for the Gas Tank and accesories, including the fuel pump. Our car stopped for gas pump failure, we replace it at a different place. Then wen to Dealer in Van Nuys California. they verified tha failure and proceeded to change at no cost the gas tank. They told us to bring a copy of invoice showing the replace of fuel pump and others to send it toMercedez for a refund. They also said Mercedez will send s refund or answer to our request. Neither of those have happened.

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Legal
3/26/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 26 days ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours! ThanksAwaiting your reply, thank you!
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I'd like to know whou should I sue? Mercedez Benz Corp, or the California Mercedez Dealer?
Who is the contract with? Normally lawyers would name both but definitely the party contractually on the agreement.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Please tell me who is the responsible party to sue them i small claim court
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 25 days ago
The seller as listed on your contract of sale.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
You are being very vague in your answer.
Just forget it. No use on keeping the communication.
I don’t have the documents but under contract law whoever sold the property is liable under contract theory. That party would be listed in the contract of sale. I don’t have that document which is why I am being general. I assume you have it and can identify the seller named in the agreement.If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Tina, Lawyer