I plan on hiring an independent contractor tomorrow to do…

I plan on hiring an...
I plan on hiring an independent contractor tomorrow to do some work for me and i want to make sure there is no verbiage in my contract suggesting that I am hiring an employee. Can you please read my contract over for me?
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Here's the contract the way it currently is feel free to send me any suggestion edits so i can stray away from employee language
3/26/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

In my legal opinion, I think that the contract does a good job of identifying the other party as an independent contractor; however, this thing generally reads as a job description as well. I think when you out "key responsibilities" it suggests that it is an employee that the company is hiring and not an independent contractor. Although it's good, it's not as good as it could be.

My recommendation is to take what you have in that document and click here. This is an independent contractor agreement from a legal forms website and I have used it myself in the past. It's useful because the language stipulates that the person is an IC so it would be virtually impossible to persuade a court or a labor and employment judge that this person was an IC. As I mentioned, what you have is good, but I think my recommendation is a bit better. Because the doc is in PDF and because of the limits placed by Just Answer, I can't do any actual edits, but I can give you my general opinion based on my past experience.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thanks a lot. If i send you a word document will you be able to help edit? Should I take out the key responsibilities part too. I want to make this as bulletproof as possible!

I wish I could, but because Just Answer prohibits actual representation and because it's in the gray area of representation, I won't be able to. However, I think that if you are going to keep your current doc, please be sure that you are taking out the key responsibilities part and putting something like "contractor's responsibilities" instead.

That's the thing giving me the most trouble. Did you have other questions for me today?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
i think i will be alright. I will take that out and review the independent contractor template you have for me. I think it would be best to pay $10 to use it instead

I concur. How else can I help you today?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I think that's it. I will reach out again if I have any other questions. Thanks again I appreciate it

The pleasure is all mine! Unless you have additional questions, there’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. You can save me as a favorite if you would like.

3. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

4. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions for cheap.

5. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Legal Eagle, Lawyer