There is a medical lien on my settlement. making my case so…

Customer Question
Hello, there is a...

Hello, there is a medical lien on my settlement. making my case so frustrating. is there anything I can do to remove the lien

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2018
Lawyer: dylatess, Attorney replied 27 days ago
dylatess
dylatess, Attorney

Unless the lien is paid or satisfied it cannot be removed. Having said that, the lien holder does not want to wait forever for payment. So the best advice is to call and negotiate the amount of the lien. Typically you or an attorney can get the lien reduced by one third. But try it yourself first as the lawyer will charge you for his time and work. if you are not successful, go to the site findlaw.com and look for an attorney who handles civil litigation. Please accept my answer if you are satisfied so that I am paid for helping you. Otherwise, you will pay for this service but I am not paid. Thanks.

dylatess
dylatess
dylatess, Attorney