Is one thousand to five thousand dollars a typical sanction…

Is one thousand to five...
Is one thousand to five thousand dollars a typical sanction if someone uses false or misleading info to obtain an injunction.. I already know that frivolous means the bad party has to pay other party attorney fees. But what kind of dollar fine (sanctions) is possible.
3/26/2018
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

While it varies widely, the Court may impose a monetary sanction and typically it is a little less - $500 to $1,500. However, the Court will normally also add attorney fees to that, which may be in the thousands - so yes, $1k to $5k is a good range for the total. But it really depends on the Judge, and the case.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Ely, Counselor at Law