I was curious if the only address I have for my defendant is…

Customer Question
I was curious if...

I was curious if the only address I have for my defendant is his Workshop can I use that address for my paperwork actually I already did submit it so I hope it's okay I have no idea where his house is

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is he in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ca

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has he taken so far?

I have already filled out the paperwork the SC 100 and mail it off to the courts to the county where he lives and they said they'll return the papers with the court date

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Oh I thought it was talking to a lawyer is this thing free

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/26/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a CA licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

The answer to your question is yes. If the only address you have is one where you know or reasonably believe the party is located, then you can use that address. A home address in CA is not required for you to serve papers. Accordingly, if the workshop is the only address, use that.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?