I have A question for my sister. Florida. Orange county.

Customer Question
Hello I have A...

Hello I have A question for my sister

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Orange county

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

None this just happened over the weekend

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I havent Asked my question yet, should I now?
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
My sister and her boyfriend go into an argument after her boyfriends kids and her kid went to bed. The oldest 9 year old heard the shouting and when my sister told her boyfriend to get his kids and leave he did and she shouted something in anger at the 9 year old as he was walking out. Everyone made up the next day- but the 9 year old told his mother about the incident and now the mother has threatened to press a restraining order on my sister if she ever comes around the kids again. My sister and her boyfriend feel as though they have no choice but to break up to avoid a restraining order and /or possible custody loss. The 9 year old is split 50/50 between his dad and mom. No other incedents like this have ever occurred before. Please advise.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2018
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 24 days ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Ok please let me know if u need more details
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 24 days ago

I think they decide whether they want to risk it here and continue the relationship.I do not see that a one time incident here is enough to cost him custody and a restraining order.

An option here might be marriage, it would make it harder for the ex wife to get between them if they are legally married.Consider it as an option to add permanency here if they want to stay together.It renders a lot of arguments against them moot as they are then married and legally can live together.

I hope they do what they want here and not give in to blackmail.They might marriage,then the ex cannot complain a whole lot.Give it consideration rather than breaking up here.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Prayers to you.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Ok so you don’t think a judge would rule a restraining order on my sister just for one time screaming something that was heard by the child
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 24 days ago

No people have fights all the time here.Maybe they decide to marry again.Then alot of this stuff goes away.Ex wife cannot complain if they are married here, think about it.

Ray, Lawyer