I have a question. California. None

I have a question ...

I have a question

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

3/26/2018
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Is your question criminal or civil? Please give some details and ask it.

Criminal

I'm an experienced criminal lawyer. Please provide some details and post your question.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Phone call session started

Will call shortly.

Thank you

Just a few minutes.

Good chatting with you today.

The FBI has a special site where it collects data involving internet-related crime. It's called the Internet Crime Complaint Center at www.IC3.gov They send the data they get to law enforcment agencies throughout the world who are cooperating with them in an effort to try to combat online fraud. You can report this there if you want to.

This will give you some idea of how pervasive a problem this is:

https://www.google.com/search?q=sextortion+scam&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS525US525&oq=sextortion+scam+&aqs=chrome..69i57j35i39l2j0l3.9751j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Thank you so much! I’m so relieved!

You're very welcome!