How does the sherrif determine what is owned by an LLC? New…

Customer Question
How does the sherrif...

How does the sherrif determine what is owned by an LLC?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New Castle County, Delaware

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

A letter to the sheriff ordering attachment of goods, chattels, rights and effects of the LLC has been mailed

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is supposedly and extra charge by the insurance co. for additional premium from 2016

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/26/2018
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 3 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

The constables from the Sheriff's office will show up to the address of the LLC and will begin tagging whatever they see which they believe to be the property of the LLC. Once this is done, the LLC has the ability to challenge whichever tags it feels were improper (example - private property), and then the Court decides before the auction sale is done.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.