What type of lawyer would I need for case title: naming a…

What type of lawyer...

What type of lawyer would I need for case title: naming a trust vs me and case type: Fraud (no contract) (General Jurisdiction)

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

These are my first

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I do not know who filed this since the Trust I have names me as executor and one of the beneficiary

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

You would want a "Trust & Estates" attorney. the very best way I know of to find an attorney would be to use the nationwide database www.martindale.com which will allow you to search by state and by specialty. It's the database that attorneys use when they themselves need an attorney (for themselves or as local counsel on cases). Please let me know if I've answered your question. If I have answered your question, if you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
thank you for your help
I may have more questions soon

It's my pleasure :) Happy to help. And I'm here if you need anything in the future!

how would the Trust be coming after me when I am named the Trustee ?

Well, in general, what that means is that somebody is suing ON BEHALF of the beneficiaries of the trust - so they likely feel something is not being done right.

I am also one of two beneficiaries & the other beneficiary has passed so I know its not them - who else could it be?

I'm not sure. You would need to obtain a copy of the lawsuit to know for sure.

ok thank you

It's my pleasure.

And, just for future reference, I want you to have a way to get back to me directly (if you want). If you need anything and you want to reach me you can do so by going to: https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-droliviak-jd-md/?rpt=3800 or by putting "This Question Is For Olivia" before you start typing your question in a new thread.